Try these great at home skin care tips between your spa visits to ensure your skin always stays radiant!
- Remember to exfoliate once or twice a week. This will help remove dead skin cells, keep pores clear and allow the skin to absorb more moisture. Contrary to popular belief, excess oil production isn’t the only cause of acne, dead skin cells, flakes, etc can also clog pores. For your face we recommend something with ultra-fine jojoba spheres, like Skin Medica’s Skin Polisher, which gently lifts dead cells from the skin’s surface without stripping moisture or over-exfoliating your skin.
- The skin around your eyes is very delicate and thin, which allows for age to show easily. Ideally, you want to start using an eye cream in your 20's. Choose one with antioxidants (such as Vitamin C or CoEnzyme Q10) to boost collagen production and help protect the skin from damage. Our favorites are Jan Marini's Age Intervention Eye Cream or C-Esta Eye Repair Concentrate, and Skin Medica's TNS Illuminating Eye Cream.
- Try a sugar scrub for extra exfoliation on your body. Because sugars bind to water it will lock in moisture (especially important during the drier months) and leave skin looking radiant. Pure Fiji or Malie Organic Sugar Scrubs are fabulous for making skin baby soft and they have a matching body lotion!
- In Southern California, its important to always protect your skin and sunscreen is THE most important step in your daily routine in keep your skin healthy. Find a moisturizer with SPF30+ to hydrate, while protecting skin at the same time. Sun exposure can cause short and long-term damage such as dark spots, wrinkles and possibly skin cancer. Make sure to apply 30 minutes before you go out into the sun and if you can, avoid the sun between 10AM and 4PM (when the sun's rays are the strongest). Even if you are indoors all day, your skin is still exposed to the sun during the time that you spend driving to and from work. Our hottest seller’s are Skinsational’s own Skin Armor SPF 30 and Skin Medica’s Environmental Defense Crème with SPF30+.
- Need to re-hydrate your skin? Look for creamy, emollient-based masks with ingredients such as Vitamin E or avocado oil, or make a quick and simple mask at home! Mix half an avocado and one fourth cup of honey in a blender. Apply to your skin and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Afterwards, rinse with a washcloth drenched in cool water.
All of the products mentioned are available at Skinsational Skin and Body Spa