Monday, November 9, 2009
Tips for a Stress-Free Holiday Season
The holidays are just around the corner and along with holiday cheer, one can sometimes feel holiday stress. Skinsational Skin and Body Spa has discovered some great de-stressing tips from Dr. Eva Selhub, author of The Love Response and instructor at the Harvard Medical School, that are sure to leave you as jolly as one of Santa's elves.
Tips for managing stress:
1. Focus on an image of something that gives you the experience of awe: Imagine a sunset, picture the face of someone you love, recall watching your child walk for the first time. Hold this image for as long as you wish.
2. Close your eyes or gaze at your hands on your lap and inhale while you count silently to four. Take a little pause and then exhale, counting down from four. Do this at least 10 times.
3. Imagine the sun is shining golden light upon you, creating a glowing shield that holds you and comforts you. You can imagine the faces of people whom you love as your shield. Hold this image as long as you wish.
4. With any of the above exercises, you can repeat these words silently as often as you wish: "The support I need is here. I am loved and valued."
5. Imagine support is coming up from the earth, in through your feet, and up through your body and arms as you rise from your chair and stretch for the sky. As you stretch, inhale and exhale deeply, repeating the phrase above.
6. Call or plan to meet someone who cares about you for support. Make sure you let them know that you do not want advice (unless you do)-you just want support and someone who will listen.
7. Think of something funny or watch something funny on the Internet. Allow yourself to laugh for several minutes. It always helps when you take life less seriously, even if only for a moment.
Take advantage of our Thai's the Season to De-Stress winter special to have an even more stress-free holiday season! This soothing massage is a combination of muscle stretches, acupressure, and deep breathing. A Thai Massage is like receiving a thorough physical workout while you relax and do nothing! This treatment is done on a floor mat without the use of oils, and please make sure to wear comfortable clothing. It's the ultimate massage for increasing flexibility and releasing tension, and we are offering it at a special price of $125 for 60 minutes of pure relaxation!
Call 760.434.8118 to book an appointment, or email firstname.lastname@example.org